October 19, 2011

N I N E

Today she is 9 months old.

Wow

Yesterday her dr. said she didn't need to see her again until she turned 1. "Happy holidays, and I'll see you next year." Wait a minute. What? Can it really be that close?

She's cruising all over and standing independently. Yesterday I saw her walk out of the playroom and into the family room with her hand against the wall for support. To date she has taken 3 independent steps.

After M is in bed Isla and I will usually play in the playroom for a while, just the two of us. Sometimes, she'll give me several big wet kisses on my cheek during this time ...so sweet. Last night she was on her back in the playroom so I rolled onto my back and held the book we were reading above us. She loved it and just giggled and giggled. She didn't look up at the book much, though; she was too busy studying my face from the side.

She claps when she gets excited and sometimes when she hears music. She likes to have conversations and gets cranky REALLY fast if you happen to need to leave the room for a moment.

She loves playing near her sister and will usually try to eat her books and take her toys.

She gets so excited when she sees us but especially when Maryn or the kitty become visible.

She is a pretty good eater. She prefers table foods to babyfood, but hasn't quite made the leap from the stage 2 consistency. She drinks a tiny amount of water from an open cup at mealtimes and enjoys both breast milk and formula.

Getting her to bed at night is usually a challenge.

She's an early riser ... this morning she was up at 5:45

She burrows her forehead into the floor and tucks her legs under when she is sleepy and/or working on filling her diaper.

She keeps creeping up on her sister. Right now she's 21.5 pounds and 28 inches to M's approximate 29 pounds and 33.5 inches. I'm wondering if this time next year strangers might assume they are twins.

Hopefully we'll get some 9 month pictures taken this weekend. And, the video ... I know, I know ... it's coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment